Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

May - In Retrospect as an Erotica Author

May was my first Month as a writer of Erotica and I managed to release three short stories during that time. This is a look back at the experience.

First of all, my goal is to provide myself with a livable income from writing Erotica. Am I there yet? No, but I have faith. I've set my first milestone to reach at $2000 a month before I can say that I write for a living, and I have a long way to go. I realize that this isn't a lot, especially to live on, but again, it's only the first hurdle. It does look like June will be a very good month though, as sales are continuing to grow.

My best-selling book of May was Dirty Secrets with the majority of sales coming from Smashwords (Amazon sales are closing in, but haven't past it yet). Going into June, the majority of sales already belong to Amazon, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I have not looked into other distributors yet, beyond Amazon and Smashwords, and I am very interested in finding new places to promote my writing beyond Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and this Blog. At this point, I can't really say if any of those four have helped with sales, but I've found it easier to follow other erotica writers that have caught my attention.

Any thoughts or feedback? I'd love to hear from you other erotica writers sharing your experiences.



No comments:

Post a Comment